I've been searching a long time for a breakfast muffin that I could bake ahead of time, grab and go on a busy morning. I finally found this Sweet Potato, Spinach and Egg Muffin recipe from the Spring 2017 issue of "Muscle and Fitness Hers Magazine". Oh my goodness, this recipe is delicious. A great combination of protein and carbs.
See ingredients and directions below.
6 whole egss
6 egg whites
1/3 cup skim milk (leave out for Paleo/Whole 30)
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup diced sweet potato
1/4 cup diced onion
2 cups spinach
1 garlic clove minced
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or use liners.
2. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, skim milk, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sweet potato and onion. Cook for 8 minutes or until softened.
4. Add spinach, garlic, and nutmeg. Cook for 2 minutes or until wilted.
5. Let cool for 2 minutes. and then mix into eggs. Pour into muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Be sure to view the nutritional value below from the Myfitness pal on-line logging site.