Hi everyone! I found this clean, light and delicious chicken dish from the Bodybuilding site. It is incredibly easy to prepare; takes no time at all and tastes Great! I'm all about easy!
This is also a perfect meal to prep on Sunday for your lunches the rest of the week or dinner. See below for nutritional information from myfitness pal site.
Thank you again for visiting my Meal Prep Page!
Update: After adding this recipe into myfitness pal I noticed the carbs calculate to 25g for one serving (see below). After investigating further, the carbs are in the truvia; 1/2 cup. I may need to reduce the amount of this ingredient the next time I prepare. You may want to as well. Thank you!
24 oz. (3-4) chicken breasts
2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup no-calorie sweetener (xylitol, Splenda)
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp low-sugar ketchup
1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
2. Season the chicken with the garlic salt and pepper, turning to coat.
3. Cook the chicken over medium/high heat until done (no pink centers)
4. Meanwhile, whisk together chicken broth, vinegar, sweetener, soy sauce, and ketchup
in a medium saucepan
5. Bring sauce to a boil and then turn to low heat. Add the arrowroot a little at a time, whisking briskly.
6. Let the sauce set up by continuing to stir for about two minutes.
7. Pour sauce over cooked chicken and serve with rice and vegetables.
Makes 4 servings:
Cal: 186, Carbs 1g, Fat 5g, Protein 33g